Domin is looking for an experienced assembly and test operator to carry out assembly and hydraulic testing of our valves during the matching process. The successful candidate will be responsible for completing hydraulic testing on our hydraulic components and determining cut values for the wire EDM operators. Alongside hydraulic testing, various assembly operations will be carried including, matching bearings, gluing magnets and valve pre-assembly.
This role will be during the day shift which runs Mon-Thu 8:00-16:30 and Fri 08:00-14:00, with some flexibility around start and finish times to work around your schedule. There may also be opportunities for overtime paid at a premium and upskilling through training on manual machinery.
- 3 or more years of experience operating hydraulic test equipment or carrying out assembly of mechanical products
- Measuring and recording quality control features
- Have a good understanding of following engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
- Adhering to Health and Safety Policies
- Basic computer literacy
- Experience operating hydraulic test equipment and carrying out assembly of mechanical products
- Hydraulic equipment maintenance
- Has completed an apprenticeship
- Has 5S and lean six sigma understanding
- Experience operation inspection equipment
- Operate hydraulic test equipment, including setting up equipment, component changeovers and completing tests with captured results being passed to machining operators
- Carrying out assembly operations on the valve components
- Using inspection gauging on and off the machine
- Interacting with MRP system and capturing data to pass on to subsequent operations