We are looking for a driven and self-motivated embedded software engineer to join our team.
As our business grows and we engage with a wider variety of customers, we need the ability to adapt our servo valve product to an increasingly complex range of applications in the aerospace sectors. This will include adding customer driven features, implementing new communication protocols and interfacing with new sensors. The successful candidate will be responsible for these new features, but will also contribute to other code bases, tools, and processes within the aerospace electronics team.
The successful candidate will be proactive in proposing and delivering appropriate solutions and demonstrate an ability to manage their workload effectively to meet project goals. They will have an eye for detail and combine broad and deep knowledge to work effectively with complex systems. They will work on products from concept stage through to volume production and will have the opportunity to work with and be supported by highly experienced engineering and production teams.
- Design, implement and test additions and extension to our code base to meet customer requirements, including implementation of communication protocols, sensor interfaces, control algorithms, new features, and enhancements to existing features.
- Work with the digital team to put in place and support appropriate software qualification tools and processes.
- Implement and support test scripts and process automations.
- Work with the product verification team during hardware bring up and initial testing.
- Collaborate across project teams to plan work and monitor progress towards delivery milestones
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver world leading products.
- Take part in peer review processes including code reviews and electronic design reviews.
- You will be required to attend the production and development facility in Pucklechurch on regular basis to support the integration of the firmware into the end-product during the development process
- Embedded programming experience
- Proven ability to develop and debug embedded software.
- Familiar with software version control systems
- An understanding of embedded systems using microcontrollers and their peripherals
- An understanding of electronics and other subject areas relevant to embedded systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to plan and manage their time and workload to meet project goals.
- Able to work individually and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to identify and solve problems inside and outside their area of expertise.
- 4+ years relevant industry experience
- Degree level education in Electronics, Computer Science, Engineering, Maths, Physics, or closely related subject
- Experience developing software for motor control including commutation methods for brushless DC motor and other synchronous motors and relevant control algorithms.
- Experience using C++ in an embedded environment.
- Experience with DO-178 or similar standards.
- An understanding of control theory and its application to electronic, hydraulic and/or mechanical systems
- Detailed knowledge of automotive and industrial communication protocols such as CAN, and their physical and software implementation requirements.