We are looking for a driven and self-motivated embedded software engineer to join our team. They will contribute to the development of the embedded software component for an exciting new project in the automotive sector, but will also contribute to other code bases, tools, and processes within the embedded software team. The successful candidate will be proactive in proposing and delivering appropriate solutions and demonstrate an ability to manage their workload effectively.
- Embedded programming experience
- Proven ability to develop and debug embedded software
- Familiar with software version control systems
- An understanding of embedded systems using microcontrollers and their peripherals
- An understanding of electronics and other subject areas relevant to embedded systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to plan and manage their time and workload to meet project goals.
- Able to work individually and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to identify and solve problems inside and outside their area of expertise.
- 3+ years relevant industry experience
- Degree level education in Electronics, Computer Science, Engineering, Maths, Physics, or closely related subject
- Experience as an embedded software engineer in an automotive engineering environment
- Experience using C++ in an embedded environment
- Experience developing software for motor control including commutation methods for brushless DC motor and other synchronous motors and relevant control algorithms
- Familiarity with CAN and other serial data communication protocols
- Design, implement and test embedded software for a new product in the automotive sector
- Implement and support test scripts and process automations
- Work with the product verification team during hardware bring up and initial testing
- Take part in peer review processes including code reviews
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver world leading products
- You will be required to attend the production and development facility in Pucklechurch on regular basis to support the integration of the firmware into the end-product during the development process
- 56 days off consisting of 22 days to use as you like, 26 fixed days (alternate Fridays off) + public bank holidays
- Employee share scheme
- High performance computing kit and accessories
- Employer pension scheme (5% contribution)
- Cycle to work scheme
- A culture committed to continuous personal and professional development
- Amazing people and more