We are looking for a driven and ambitious senior design engineer to join our team and support development of cutting-edge prototype hydraulic systems. The engineer will be responsible for modelling in CAD, carrying out analysis and producing manufacturing documentation for sub-assemblies within our active suspension projects, as well as supporting the same functions on other systems or valve projects when required. As a senior engineer, they will also provide significant input into the other sub-assemblies on the project, guiding their integration and providing mentoring and technical leadership to less experienced team members, and carrying out peer reviews prior to design approval.
A successful candidate should be able to take a holistic approach to design, considering assemblies and interacting parts from knowledge of first principles, and then making decisions based on inputs from FEA, CFD and DFM, as well as applying knowledge from prior engineering experience.
- Degree level education in Mechanical Engineering or closely related subject
- At least 5 years of experience in a mechanical design role
- Experience of design processes and engineering principles
- Understanding of metallurgy and material science
- Understanding of machining processes and their relevance in mechanical design
- Experience with CAD and producing technical drawings
- Experience working in Automotive, particularly with suspension and vehicle dynamics
- Experience using CFD tools
- Experience with hydraulic machines e.g. Servo valves, pumps, actuators etc.
- Experience designing for additive manufacturing processes.
- Experience with designing electric motors
- Design of prototype suspension sub-assemblies
- Management of manufacturing documentation, including CAD, drawings, bill of materials and AM build files
- Finding and communicating with suppliers for prototype manufacture
- Providing design support throughout manufacture, assembly and testing
- Where required provide the above capability to support other projects, such as valves, brake by wire and flight controls
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver world leading products